Istanbul_Tea
X-Large Member

Bikes: 2004 Rivendell Atlantis, 2004 Thorn eXp, 2004 Bob Brown Cycles Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 165-48:17
I got inspired and wrote 3 short stories.
I got a 1lb bag of DirtRag coffee.
I got a pair of wool DirtRag socks.
I got enough money to renew my DirtRag subscription (Karl will be pleased)
I got to hear my dad sing all the songs off the Folk CD I gave him and hear stories about his band, "The Wanderers," and how they would play Food Festivals for $20 an hour and discount the price for getting to eat. I heard about how they played a small coffeehouse called the "Fickle Pickle" down on Rush and Oak (as he recalls) and how he met "The Brothers Four" in Macomb, IL when they played down there in the early 60s. And by far, these 2+ hours spent with him were the best gift ever.
Very cool! Not being into the standard sappy family stuff-I must admit, after losing my mom to bone cancer in 1997 and not seeing eye to eye on basically anything with my dad... getting to hang out with him all day yesterday so he could see his grandaughter for the first time since she was 4 weeks old(and she's 4 years old now)... was pretty great. Just seeing my daughter look at him and say, "Hi Grandpa, so where have YOU been?! I've been missing you!" and watching my dad well up was a special X-Mas gift and memory.