Old 01-24-07, 06:19 PM
Silver Litz

Bikes: Trek 5200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DocRay
If you choose compact, I'd agree that the Shimano cranks are better. I'm seeing a few SRAM builds, but they are avoiding the SRAM cranks. If you want Campy, the new 07 compacts are an excellent design with a 12-25 cassette.
My FSA SLK ISIS shifts perfectly, but others have had QC issues with FSA and external bearings. I really like the ceramic bearings for the ISIS. FSA quietly upgraded the chainrings on the SLK mid season, the new titanium-colored ones are heavier and shift much better.

For CF bars: this all depends on what you're looking for drop and ergonomics, but FSA or Easton are good bets, I really like the new Kuota Katch design.

The R3 is a better frame than the Ridley, but you will not get one for less than $2600 -Cervelo has strict rules on resellers and they will not honor the lifetime warranty unless the bike was bought at MSRP. Avoid Ebay, there are many scammers selling Cervelos that are not dealers and the warranty is void.

If you have back issues, the Cervelo geometry may not be right for you, it is quite stretched out with 73 degree head and seat tube angles, you may need one size smaller.
Cervelo will not honor the lifetime warranty unless the bike was bought at MSRP???? I do NOT think Federal Commerce folks would allow that to fly. I believe the Feds cracked down on manufacturers dictating retail prices decades ago.