Sonny*Daze
K2 Biker

Bikes: K2 Beast, K2 Flyin' Monkey, DiamondBack Axis TR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cornish_Rdr_UK
Tell me.... If its the 90's why is there still bike shops around? Why is there still Supermarkets, instead of internet websites?

Buying on the net isnt everyones chioce, it may be cheaper and less hassle, But you dont get the peace of mind you get if you buy it yourself from the bike store...

If it goes wrong, or isnt what u wanting then your in trouble, also you have to worry about "grey label goods"

These are copies of what are really being sold, and apparently, you dont get your warranty if you buy Grey label stuff...

Im not sure if this is true, but a bike shop owner near me was talking about it to me, can anyone confirm this?

Let people make up their own minds on what the want to do to get their bike bits..
Hey Dude,

I posted this to help people make wise decisions (like not wasting their money at the local bike shop). Sorry if you have a prob with that....
I have a few answers for those questions you listed.
1) Bike shops are around because of people who don't know how to save money, nor how to fix their bikes.
2) Supermarkets exist locally because we don't have freezers as big as a house to store enuf food to make it sensible to buy in bulk from online. Also there is a slight delay from when you ordered your frozen pizza, and when you would be able to eat it...
3) I'm not sure how getting ripped-off at your local bike shop gives you a peace of mind, but to me the peace of mind comes from buying the product at the lowest possible price, and not wasting my gas/time going to get it.
4) Now that you mentioned "Gray Label" goods... I must appologize for my doubting your knowledge. My K2 bike label actually had "Huffy" underneath it.... I'm taking them to court. Ha Ha Ha ....

I hope I didn't change your mind to "start" shopping online my friend...LOL

Last edited by Sonny*Daze; 12-30-03 at 06:13 PM.