View Single Post
Old 01-25-07, 11:35 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by powerglide
Hello Everyone,
I have been lurking in the Clyde sections to learn about all sorts of things related surplus-mass-cycling but haven't offically introduced myself.
I live in SoCal, early thirties engineer, male, got hooked on cycling again on Oct-16-2006.
My weight, for the last couple of years and as of Oct-16 was about 240+ lbs. (5'10")
This is/was my main ride (until tomrrow)

Got the dreaded 'high-cholersterol; diagnosis back in the summer of 06 and doctor gave me six months to get into shape or start medication. So I started alternating jogging (sometimes) Then in Sep/Oct got a SERIOUS health scare that luckily turned out be benign....butthat lit a fire under my behind and started jog/bike every other day.

I'm looking at my calendar journal it goes like this:
jogged/biked/jogged/biked/biked/jogged/biked/biked/biked/biked/biked/biked/biked/biked/biked/biked/biked..... (the day I stopped jogging and switched to full time bike was 10/16)

3 months later (now) I am down to 215 lbs and my goal is to get it under 200 and keep it there.

To celebrate my half way point I ordered my new ride, arrives tomorrow.
I think I am light enough, in-shape enough, and in love with biking enough to be seen on this sexy machine now!

Thats my long rant...long story short:

"Hello everyone! I'm a clyde too!"

-Tom
Glad you stepped out if the lurker shadows! Welcome!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant