visitordesign
keep it pretend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyphotons
re: the yamaguchi.

it looks like the fork ends are slanted slightly, but not in the direction i'm used to seeing them... these appear to go down. is that right?
no. they're level. the bike is leaning slightly against the wall and the tub, so i think it's trick-perspective.

the thing's engineered so beautifully. i'm not competitive, i just like to ride off excess energy. i wanted to see what i could get the 'guch to max out at on rollers (geared just shy of the tallest gearing) before stability became an issue. each of my bikes seems to express a different threshold of stability on rollers when in the same gearing, so it's sort of a fun test to try to hit that max a few times and note it. road maxes are always higher since reality seems to be somewhat more forgiving than 3 spinning 16" wide drums. regardless, i was surprised by the yamaguchi's performance.

to bring this back on track... new NJS frame i need to build up (just shy of 57cm and reynolds 753!!! photo by sashae):

it was a beautiful, correctly-sized frame for a really reasonable price (way cheaper than any of my customs... or my pista, for that matter). will be built up decidedly non-NJS...

Last edited by visitordesign; 01-28-07 at 01:07 PM.