Old 01-29-07, 08:36 AM
mattface 

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-T, Soma Rush, Razesa Racer, ⅔ of a 1983 Holdsworth Professional, Nishiki Riviera Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
What? Well somebody must still mass produce steel frames outside of India. Oh. OK. Dawes you say? Is that it?

Case closed.
Kogswell was having them made in Taiwan. The factory that did em still does lugs and from what I hear they do a very nice job. Bob Jackson, and Mercian both in the UK both make off the rack frames. I'm not sure where Rivendell's mass produced frames are made, but I'm pretty sure it's not India. Taiwan and Japan I would guess. Oh speaking of Japan, Lets not forget Bridgestone, Panasonic, and any number of other brands that make stock frames for Keirin racing.

That's just what I happen to know of off the top of my head. You might want to spend 30 seconds worth of investigation on Google, or just wait 10 minutes to see if someone knows something you don't know before you close the case.

edit: Oh wait I fail on reading comprehension. I thought you were asking about LUGGED steel frames. Pracitaclly every major bicycle manufacturer offers a steel frame somewhere in their line. Let's pick Trek, Bianchi, Giant, Fuji, and Lemond off the top of my head. And while Old tubesets like Reynolds 531 aren't readily available, there are wonderful modern chromoly tubesets from Reynolds, Columbus, and Dedacciai to name a few. If you can't find new steel frames you're not looking very hard.