View Single Post
Old 01-29-07, 11:57 AM
Hambone

Bikes: GT Edge for the road/Specialized Hopper (well the frame and the bb, everything else is new) for the dirt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zowie
The first email I got from GG said that he'd lined up the restaurant and the LIRR, thus making it apear highly unlikely that the 5bbc could run their ride. Probably the restaurant and LIRR saw the same guy they always dealt with and didn't realize they were going over to a competitor of the 5bbc and then learned the deal (speculation on my part).
I had the same thought.
Originally Posted by zowie
I'd have no problem with GG running a distinguishable montauk ride on a different date; I have no problem with someone wanting to go out on his own and compete in the market. I have a big problem with some going out on his own and taking all the contacts, knowledge base, good will, etc. he got working for someone else and using them to confuse people and do in his former employer.
I think this is a bit unfair to GG. I'm no appologist for him but I think the majority of the knowledge/contacts/etc he took with him he earned. I think his decision to hold his Montauk Ride on the same day was ill advised and mean spirited and I am glad he is changing the date of his ride. Schedule allowing I'll do both.