View Single Post
Old 01-31-07, 08:11 AM
jawpain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I was cycling on a smooth tarmacamed main road. I was cycling in first gear. I was actually going to the Cycle Store as after the bike service on Monday, the gears were still slipping - for this reason I just stayed in 1st gear without changing gear at all. I can't understand how the chain would not have been installed incorrectly as it was brand new! The bike is literally just over a week old and I've probably cycled 5Km in total due to aforementioned problem with shifters and slipping gears. I doubt very much that a foreign object got stuck in the chain - I as examined the immediate area of road where the 'snapping' incident took place but I could be wrong. You are right about the 'dork disk'. It could have been worse - if there was damage to the wheel, I'd feel alot worse than I do now! The question still remains though - should I be able to claim for parts under warranty? Due the newness of the bike and the lack of useage and as advised by my local store, this problem with Shimano rarely occurs and even never witnessed previously by the bike mechanic in store...?