Old 01-31-07, 07:28 PM
ronjon10

Bikes: IF Club Racer, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrams
Summary: will a Jamis Coda Sport support my 6'0", 310 pound body for years of paved riding?
Yes

(1)The wheels are 32h, I've heard that 36h or even 40h would be more likely to stay true given my weight (i.e., touring type wheels). Is 32h sufficient considering my weight? If it just means being a little more consistent in checking and adjusting the wheels that's not a big deal, but if it means component failure then please let me know.
32's should be fine. Take them back to the shop where you bought it and get the wheels retensioned after a few hundred miles. That'll help. If they fail eventually, so be it, you'll be a lighter man for it.

(2)The tires are Hutchinson Flash, 700 x 28C - are these big enough for me?
Definitely, I rode 28's when I was around 280 and doing loaded tournig. I dropped to 23's when stopped touring.

(3)I've been assuming that the chromoly frame is not going to have a problem dealing with my weight, seems correct based on my searching of posts on here, but does anyone think that the frame itself is not going to be up to the task?
I have no experience that would say it shouldn't hold up. I used to have a trek 520 that was chromoly, it held up no problem. (someone can correct if the frame strenghts are notably different).