View Single Post
Old 02-02-07, 05:27 PM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Iorek
An Xrtacycle is an amazing bike. It is a life changing device. You even get cocky about what you can carry on your bike. But, the bike will never be a speed demon and will definitely handle differently than even your longset touring bike. Welcome to the world of utility biking
Heheheh. That's ok, I have a track bike, and some nice roadies - I have my speed demon bikes. I want to be able to carry loads, and people, and I'm quite prepared for it to be unlike anything I have right now. I kinda want it to be. The "flex" question would have me reaching for a Big Dummy, if I could afford it, but I can't. It'll certainly be an old Hard Rock for me, and what people have said here just confirms my feelings. I want something solid, that can pull the loads, and I don't care if it aint nimble.

To give you a comparison, I own a bus, the bus below. I drove it to India and back. It's not as nimble as the Saab I had as a company car for a couple of years, but it sure as hell has it beat in terms of interior space, and beds! That's what I want from the X - something quite, quite different from my EG Bates trackie, or my Gazelle roadie.