View Single Post
Old 02-06-07, 03:00 PM
SesameCrunch
Eschew Obfuscation

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baldone
I'll take it.

Any chance to get the frame while the fork was off? I guess that means pulling the cranks, I haven't done that yet but probably will.

620g seems reasonable.

I like the non suspended option on these, I think being light weight is important for a folding bike, one you may often need to haul around on your back, make airline shipping weight restrictions with other items etc...
No, there would have been a lot more to take off before I get a clean frame to weigh.

The NS is a lot lighter. I don't know what kind of riding you do, but if you do fast sporty rides, the problem with the NS is that the wheelbase is about 3" shorter than the non-suspended bike, so it's twitchier when going fast or downhills. It is good if you're going to use it with a camper or plane or boat. Or if you have to carry it a lot.

For just commuting or riding around town, I personally would go with the IX, or even better, the VIIIH. Comfortable and better looking, I think. The additional 5 lbs won't be a big deal in casual riding.

Last edited by SesameCrunch; 02-06-07 at 03:10 PM.