Old 02-06-07, 04:11 PM
chephy
Two H's!!! TWO!!!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoofer
I've been chanting "I don't like ice cream" for 20 years, but I still can't make it stick.
My boyfriend said he did. After many many years of eating buckets and buckets of it which turned him into a big gob of lard. Fortunately for him he convinced himself he didn't like ice cream (that much) before I met him. He says he really doesn't like the taste of ice cream much any more. It makes sense: lots of things are "acquired taste" so there could be acquired distaste.

Originally Posted by chennai
When I am in a car these days, I feel trapped and deprived of the things that make me happy -- being outside and interacting with people. I also feel, looking out the windows, as if I must be brain dead to be participating in the bumper to bumper madness.
I agree. There used to be a time when I really loved riding in cars (as a kid) and was completely delighted when I was allowed to drive one (you know, on those deadend roads that see a car or a ped once a day or so ). Ah, those were the days... The car trips in our family were extremely rare: somewhere between once a week and once every three months for different periods, and the roads were usually not congested, and we'd roll down the windows and enjoy the breeze... Driving felt special because it was so rare. And then we moved to North America. And it's amazing how fast I got sick of and annoyed by cars. There are just too friggin' many of them everywhere and everyone drives them all the time. And everything is ugly depressing concrete made for cars, huge parking lots, huge superhighways - they just make me cringe every time I see them. I don't think I could have a single positive thought about driving in these conditions. Perhaps if all people drove once a week and made it a special occasions of fun on open roads ('cause no one's driving ), I might enjoy it again. But not until then...