View Single Post
Old 02-06-07, 07:12 PM
closetbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by John C. Ratliff
'Sounds interesting, if the numbers are correct, and the device or item shown to be effective, and the numbers on the other device are also correct. (By the way, I do work at other things during, and am not always looking at this.)

John
Well then maybe, everyone should just get on a bicycle and ride it to avoid brain injury.

From - http://www.elbowvalleycc.org/evccbhl.html

In a 1998 radio phone-in program an Alberta doctor reported that there are on the order of 10.000 brain injuries suffered annually in this province. Some 80% of these are due to strokes and heart attacks, with the remaining 20% being traumatic brain injuries. Of these remaining 2,000 about one half were as a result of motor vehicle collisions, and following the reasoning presented above, only about 50 or so will be a result of bicycle falls or collisions. As cycling can result in many physiological changes that lead to a reduction in the risk of suffering a stroke or heart attack, it may be counterproductive to emphasise the numbers of cycling related brain injuries, and the health risks associated with cycling.

(I'm busy too. I try to make it on the computer between flights and I don't have my files with me to pull up fast...I have to rely on memory here - Yikes!)