Old 02-06-07, 07:20 PM
bluebottle1
Kicked out of the Webelos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by durstgt
I live in the medical center area and am really tiring of riding the Braes Bayou paths. I heard about a bike path that is in george bush park and connects to terry hershy park, but I have no idea where it is or where I'd park. Can anyone give me a heads up on this?

Also if anyone could recommend any 30-60 mile rides within an hours drive from the middle of town I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris
Terry Hirshey/George Bush is a great route, but as another poster said, not on the weekends! Too many families, too many little kids. It's good on a hybrid or MTB, but the last time I rode out there on a weekend, I got a fractured elbow for my troubles.

That said, if you can get out during the week, it's great. Parking is on the access road to the Sam Houston Tollway. It's actually an illegal turn into the parking lot if you're headed north, so try to take it from the south. There's a good sized parking lot and you can go all the way out to Fry Road without going back up to street level. Definitely a nice ride when it's not crowded.

Kicked out of the Webelos.