Old 02-07-07, 12:15 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is what I have done so far regarding the 3 things I am currently focusing on.

First I asked what will it take to adopt a Complete Streets Policy. What more needs to be done? I asked if we need to bring the MPO, the city council, the parks & rec. dept. & the STF together for a sit down to discuss this & make it happen. I did not state the info. is not doing any good sitting in a file somewhere. I controlled myself in this respect, though I wanted to say it. I am awaiting an answer on what more needs to be done to adopt a Complete Streets Policy. I hope it is being researched & worked on & I will follow up on it.

Second I asked if we are starting with Unity Elementary School regarding a Safe Routes To School & will work our way from there. I mentioned it is a good idea to start with one, see how well it works & then go from there. I also advised that I will be contacting the Catholic Diocese & other private schools to bring this idea to their attention as well.

Finally I advised that I think Riveside Blvd should be put on a road diet & suggested how easy it is to do so & what can be done regarding this & that if does not work it can easily be changed back. I await a response to that. Again I will follow up with this. I did cite personal experiences & examples for myself & others in STF I have ridden bike with on R'side Blvd as part of the reasons for putting it on a diet. But I did not let personal emotions cloud my judgement on this, no matter how passionate I may feel about it.

Leaving personal emotions out of the equation is sometimes difficult to do & I have to bite my tongue at times.