Old 02-07-07, 09:56 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
There is a difference between kissing butt and stroking ego...as a salesman you should know this, if you want to participate in the political arena, it's a requirement.
You see kissing butt & stroking ego as 2 differant things, I see it as the same. Kind of a you say tomato & I say tamato, that's fine. As a salesman I do know this, but I try not to do it. Do I lose sales as a result? Yes. Am I one of the top sales people in my office? No. Because I personally think it is deaming to stroke ego's or kiss butt I am not as an aggressive salesman as I could be.

I am however very good at doing research, presenting the ideas & letting others stroke the ego's & kiss butts. I don't mind if those that do the stroking & kissing take the credit for it. I don't need recognition to feel good about doing something like this. I personally think that those that stroke & kiss need to feel good by taking the credit because maybe they feel uncomfortable with kissing & stroking in the first place. So they need something to offset it, ie taking credit, I don't have a problem with that.

Because I would rather not play in the political arena I'll stick with the researching & presenting of ideas end of it.

BTW, no offense meant with my response to yours when I said "you're saying I need to kiss ass". Like you I call it as I see it & try not to pull punches.