View Single Post
Old 02-08-07, 06:36 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
The 1990 sold for $550 US and came equipped with Shimano 105SC. There was also a Sirrus Triple for the same price that used RX100. The 1991 Sirrus Sport sold for $470 US and came with SunTour Blaze.

Both the 1990 models use the same CrMo butted frameset with 73 degree parallel angles, so they would be suitable for a novice racer or fast day rides. Both use CrMo forks, but the Sirrus is Unicrown while the Sirrus triple is conventional. The Triple has a third, granny chainring, making it suitable for cyclists who live or like to ride in very hilly terrain. Both have dual bottle bosses and a pump peg, use 32 hole Wolber GTX rims, 7 sp HG cogs and have down tube shift levers. The only real difference in the minor components is the Selle Italia Turbo Gel saddle on the Sirrus versus the SBI Lambda Blob on the Sirrus Triple. Oh yeah, the Sirrus was red and the Sirrus triple was blue.

I don't have detailed specs on the 1991 model, but I imagine the frame is similar. Personally, I tend to avoid bicycles with the SunTour AccuShift groups. The group itself is good, but there can be a problem finding parts if you need them. The SunTour index system was not compatible with anything else, so if you need to replace the levers, derailleurs or cogs, you cannot substittute. On the other hand, Shimano 7sp index components are still readily available.