Car-Free Flatlander

Bikes: Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hambone
on behalf of my ego, thanks...

So how do you get from GWB to the "Henry Hudson Drive in the Palisades State Park." And is there any issue with riding it that Ishouldbe aware of? We close a little early today, so I might try and hit that.

I've never ridden over the GWB on my bike. Any advice? And once on the other side, how hard is it to get to the HH Drive?

I started to gmap it but it is not obvious what I do... Is the better ride the part north of the bridge or south?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=696867
Follow the bike path past the Little Red Lighthouse, thn go up, up, up - past the bridge, over the AMTRAK Bridge, under the Overpass, until you see a pedestrian bridge at 182nd Street - right where the retaining wall collapsed onto the Henry Hudson Parkway a couple of uears ago.

Then take 182nd up to Cabrini (you're almost at the highest point in Manhattan) then hang a right down to the bridge. Turn west, go a couple of blocks (against traffic) and use the pedestrian Path on the south side of the bridge.

Once you exit the bridge take a left. The southbound side of River Road (Rte 505) will bear sightly right and then take a steep downhill towards the river. Don't take it too fast because the entrance to Palisades Park is on the left. Look for a big brown park sign.