Old 02-10-07, 10:02 AM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
steve, if you've got local problems with integrated bikelane design, take it up with your city planners. maybe some of your arterials in cary would benefit from integrated road stripes that benefit bicyclists, so larger numbers of bicyclists would feel comfortable riding arterials thruout the greater Cary area. I'm sure you've got sprawl in Cary, and i'm sure you've got increasing auto traffic as population trends scontinue to centralize population around cities.

your desire to keep bicycle commuter numbers low in Cary as a result of your ideas is evident. are you part of the american dream coalition like John Forester?

www.americandreamcoalition.org

Integrating bike lanes into roadway striping plans is not seperation, it is preferential road striping. a lane on the road is a lane on the road. transit lanes, bus lanes....buses can use other lanes, and i doubt you would damnify a bus as being seperated from road traffic.

so you prefer bike lanes for some roads, steve. increase bike facilties in your community and you WILL see the numbers of bicyclists grow, far beyond the increases simple autocentric wide lanes will bring.

People like you, Steve, don't want to popularize bicycling as transportation....