Old 02-11-07, 02:36 AM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GJD
Hi Ziemas. My point is that these are sold by Canadian companies and Kona is from BC. As for Sutra's suitability for touring, this is a matter of opinion that may not be shared by others. I have read other posts in this forum from Surtra owners who have enjoyed their bikes. Its unfortunate that you have not had success with yours. Have you approached Kona regarding warranty?
First off I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

When my very helpful local Kona dealer contacted Kona Europe they tried to tell us that I overloaded my rear rack and it was my fault that the braze-ons cracked. Mathieu at Kona Europe claimed that I should use rack clamps if I carry more than 20kg. It's a touring bike which should be designed for carrying heavy loads. Period. Kona Europe denied the claim. Both the local dealer and I were shocked by this.

Only after several calls to Kona in the States was I able to get a replacement frame. I was sent the wrong size, and my old fork wouldn't fit. As I use my bike to commute to work I really didn't feel I had the time to screw around with trying to get a replacement fork or the correct size frame from Kona. (So far it had been several months of hassle with Kona.) I ended up buying a fork out of pocket to save the massive hassle and wait that I saw ahead.

All in all Kona's customer service on this was horrible.