Old 02-17-07, 06:52 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
So What type of riding do you do?
Road- Mountain biking- Street cruising- Gentle trail type stuff- etc.

I do a lot of "MUP" riding. We are fortunate in having excellent, little used MUPS that go for miles with no street crossings. We have some half-decent hills nearby, and I purposely ride those hills, generally on the roads (not much used and pretty wide.) I decided sometime back that, due to my personal situation, I needed to figure out the very safest type of riding for myself, and after examining statistics and the situation around here, I chose the MUPS. My wife (69 yo) and I frequently ride together, and we also have an excellent MUP trail system in the mountains of Colorado, where we also ride.

How fit do you class yourself?
Fit- Ultra fit- getting fit- or just getting on top of the downward spiral to couchdom.

I classify myself as always fighting the battle of fitness. I think in general, I am pretty fit for my age of 67, but I know of many who are more fit, including on this group. When I have my singing group over (they are about the same age as I am), they all talk about their diabetes and other troubles, none of which I currently have. However, sadly, one's body DOES wear out, and I am feeling that to some degree. I consider fitness to be 1) the proper body weight/composition (I always fight that); 2) Strength (am probably stronger than most 25 yo's); 3) aerobic capacity (about typical 35 yo, I would guess) and 4) Flexibility (I fail this one!).

How often do you ride?

During "riding season" almost daily.

Do you get any achievement rides in?
Maybe you regularly do Century rides- perhaps you do a few mountain climbs a year or perhaps you are in training for your first 25 mile organised ride

Not any more. I just ride for fitness and pleasure. My "typical" ride would be 20-30 miles.

Any other points to note in that you ride for a reason?
To lose weight- To get over an illness- You have ro ride as a commuter-

I like to ride to stores and such instead of taking the car. I also walk an awful lot. I also like leading rides for other seniors, which I do from April - October.

My wife and I take "road trips" in our Caravan bringing our mtn bikes along. We love exploring a new town by bike, or stopping in some country location and riding for a bit.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 02-17-07 at 07:45 AM.