Old 02-17-07, 01:22 PM
salesmom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need advice on bike for ACTIVE son (7Yrs)

Hello biking enthusiants!

I am a mom of a very active 7 year old, and am looking for some advice on what to look for in a bike for my son. His bikes in the past have not been able to hold up to his abuse in the past so now it is time to step it up a bit a look into a higher quality one.

My son is very tough on his bikes... he will jump anything that he can run his tires over, will spend most all of the day tooling around on his bike and is not the most gentle when he gets off the bike either, yep a drop to the cement driveway is his style..

Some of the issues that we have had with his bikes of the past are petals falling off, bent (really bent) rims, seats that won't stay tight in one position, and chains that fall off all the time.

If I could get some feedback from you BMX enthusiants out there as to what are important things that we should be looking for in a bike for him I would greatly appreciate it. Safety is a huge thing for me, I do not want to hinder my little guys enthusasim for pushing the limits on his bike so I would like to have a little piece of mind to know that his bike is built to hold up to his style. I am a novice when it comes to bike talk so please try to keep it fairly elementry for me if you don't mind.

Again, thanks so much for your time, I really appreciate it! I will let you know what we end up purchasing for him and how it works out. I am really looking forward to your responses.

Thanks Again,

Mom of 3 ACTIVE kids