Old 02-17-07, 06:39 PM
stokell

Bikes: Custom built tourer, custom electric bike, beaters everywhere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
You ride 42km's? That's about my distance from north of the city to downtown. Where abouts are you in T.O? How much did the bike cost? What size are the tires? What is the bikes range (pedal assist that is)? Can you turn the assist off and ride full manual? Are you allowed on bike path/trails with that? Do you ride that on city roads or on the sidewalk?

Cool looking bike.

Zero_Enigma
I live in the Beach and ride up to Markham. It's difficult to cost out the bike because I assembled it from parts. Check out my journal. An adult trike costs around $550. Add the custom paint and the brushless hub kit and the cost goes up to around $1200.

The tires are 24 inch. Originals on the back and a really good bulletproof Schwalbe on the front.

As far as assistance goes, it is mostly good on hills. There are lots of those on the way there and back. The electrical assistance is my choice. Once I get moving about 5 kms the hub will assist me if I have it turned on. I have a deadman's switch on the left side of the handlebar.

The Ontario government has legalized these bikes for a test period of three years. You have to be over 16 and wear a helmet. No license or insurance required. You can ride on roads, bike lanes and multi-use paths. In Toronto riding a bike on a sidewalk is good for a $110 fine. Strangely trikes are exempt from the Municipal Code.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
smallboot.jpg (38.1 KB, 31 views)