Old 02-17-07, 07:12 PM
CrosseyedCrickt
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffery
Thanks. I want to make sure though. I found my state laws but not sure if I am allowed to do this or not. Could you please let me know if it does or not? What should it say ?

I want to beable to print something out so I can show people who say this or get them a copy. Even give them a phone number of a local government official if I send them a letter about the problem.

CrosseyedCrickt I forgot to let you know but the guy who rolled down his window and said ridding my bike in the street was illegal had homeland security on the truck so I am guessing he works for the government in that section. He contacted a police officer that told me to ride on the sidewalk. The police officer said it was safer and he doesn't want me to get hit. I just said ok.

Can you get arrested for ridding like I did in my state, fined, or anything else please?

This is the link I found but it doesn't go in much detail http://brgov.com/Dept/planning/bike/lalaw.htm

Would this be the only one or is their more detailed laws out there somewhere? Thanks!
Look in the traffic code. Usually bicycle law is jumbled in with the motorcycle stuff.
As far as the homeland security thing, dismiss that! Just because he has a "sticker" on his truck means nothing. I used to have a NASCAR sticker on my truck, but I didn't work for them. I personally doubt he even knows what he is talking about.
The officer told you riding on the sidewalk was safer, but not mandatory! If a police officer contacted me I would have asked him to clarify, but that is me, but still, when a street cop tells/asks/suggests that you do something it is a good idea to do it at that moment then find out later if he was in the right or wrong.
Even the police are not 100% aware of the laws they get paid to enforce.