Old 02-21-07, 07:11 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Sheldon's site provided inspiration and information for making my old blue Miyata touring bike into the bicycle you see in the photo.

He had a more direct hand in helping out with my next project. He posted several replies to my questions in the thread that led to the frankenbike hybrid-geared monstrosity of a Rampar you see in the next photo. The 27" wheel that I built for that bike eventually graduated to a nicer Schwinn frame, where it served me well for several months before I traded it to Little Darwin for some other parts.

The advice on Sheldon's site again came in handy, when I realized that re-dishing and re-spacing a wheel was indeed as easy as he claimed - allowing me to turn that Schwinn into my first single speed.

My other bicycles have all been influenced in some way by Sheldon, in either style, my use and appreciation of solid, no-nonsense parts, or the simple desire to do something a little bit wacky and different. Without his website, I simply don't think that I would be riding and wrenching bicycles - at least not nearly as much or in the same way that I do now. Thanks Sheldon, for making your knowledge available and thanks for all the additional time you spend here, at other online resources and in real life explaining, clarifying, helping out and generally making life easier and more fun for all of us out there who ride on two wheels.