Old 02-21-07, 08:51 PM
AD-SLE

Bikes: Too many.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
No picture...but I must agree, Sheldon inspires so many folks. I was so inspired I grabbed my Dad's pre war c. 1930 Raleigh Sport, reportedly one of two bikes imported, yes, an IMPORTED bike by Ben Olken. The three speed hub was a marvel in the States, I think my Dad may have been spoiled...a tad....and he rode this bike all over Cambridge. 70 years later, due to Sheldon's site, I put air in the tires and rode it to his shop 4 months back. Sadly, he was not there, Sonny was busy with watching a bunch of 12 year old kids on BMX bikes...so I turned around and went home. Yes, the bike worked the whole way on rotted original tyres. Someday I hope I can ride it over when Sheldon is there and say thanks. 30 years ago I bought my first bike from Harris when they were on the south side next to the movie theatre. SMALL WORLD! The bike I built over the weekend caused me to review Canti's and "mechanical advantage" and his "on line gear calculator". I don't think a weekend goes by that I don't have to double check something! And now I commute! Not only has Sheldon contributed to the "how to" aspect, but so much more to enjoying the utility of reward of two wheeled transport! Encore!!!