RD Olivaw
I drew this vvvv

Bikes: '05 Specialized Tarmac Pro / '05 Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinmcdade
I meant to make it but it totally slipped my mind. I'm glad there was a good turnout!!! I really hate that I missed it.

Just out of curiosity, why would money need to be raised for kits? In most clubs the members pay for their own kits. I know PBA, PACC, Matrix, Mirage and Pirates all have kits/jerseys that are paid for by members. I wish someone would buy my kits for me.
Apparently it's not as simple as that.. For one thing, the clubs you are mentioning are already well establshed with large memberships and probably sponsorships. The Frisco club is pretty much starting from scratch with next to zero membership dues in hand to cover a decent sized order.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'm guessing the orders have to be in some sort of bulk in order to make it cost effective. So piecemeal ordering isn't the way to go. According to the club president, a typical kit order starts at around 5k and goes up to 7k on the healthy end. It all depends on what is part of the kit. I'm guessing just a simple jersey would be a lot cheaper.

But with all that said, it sounds like it wouldn't be very difficult to raise the needed money in sponsorships.