Old 02-22-07, 06:13 PM
TrekRoland
New Old Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeCanon
Not exactly, the forks are different so that will change the feel. Try to ride an EX7 if you can. If that's not possible, you will still be able to get a good idea of how the bike feels with an EX8 or 9.
Actually, I am probably now leaning towards the EX 8. I am going to be able to get a pretty good deal on that bike. The fork: RockShox Recon 351 on the EX 7 vs. Fox Float 130 RL on the EX8.

Originally Posted by ZeCanon
Why have your LBS do the labor? Use this oppoutinity to learn how to build and fix your own bikes. They are pretty simply machines, really. Just get a maintenance book and go from there. Some things do require special tools, like bottom brackets, but besides that you can pretty much build an entire bike with a set of allen keys and a screwdriver. Even if you swap all the parts yourself and then have yoru LBS tune everything up it will be much cheaper than having them swap everything, and you'll learn a lot in the process. EVERYONE should know how to do maintenance on their own bikes.
I definitely want to learn how to do my own maintainance. "Handy" is never a word I've really used to describe myself, though I often surprise myself.

I am a publicist by trade, so if anyone ever wants postive media coverage, I can help there...