Old 02-26-07, 11:51 PM
Stylo328
Gatekeeper of Health

Bikes: Cannondale M300SE, Bianchi Giro SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let me start by thanking you all. I cannot beleive all the support on this thread, makes me glad to be a BF member. I just got my new frame in the mail today, I took part in the group buy from PF. Hopefully I can get it built by next weekend and start training on ot. Till now, I have been riding a home-made (for lack of a better term) single-speed Bianchi. I have been doing 25 mile rides averaging about 17mph. The gearing is pretty tough at 53/16 and fighting a headwind is really a chore. As for riding gear, I do have some, but its nothing fancy. I have a pair of Cannondale shorts, a Jersey or two and some Shimano R098s. I hope this will do.

I was actually considering doing the ride on the SS, but after this weekends, had a change of heart. I hit a strong headwind on mile 20 and It stuck with me till I got home. It really stunk not having a gear to bail to... and by the end, my legs were shot. Do you all agree that the smarter thing would be to ride a geared bike, it would probably increase my chances of finishing?

I'm pretty excited about the ride, and really looking forward to riding a lap in the Homestead motor complex, which is the local Nascar track. I'm not a huge Nascar fan, but the thought of taking a high-banked turn seems pretty cool. It will be on day two, so hopefully my endurance and mental state will allow me to enjoy the experience.

Thanks again to all who have posted and for all the well wishes.

Peace.

Last edited by Stylo328; 02-27-07 at 12:00 AM.