race newbie
Where's the pack?

Bikes: '06 Scott Speedster S 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rha600
Stylo, let me know how your training is coming a long. I'm in Weston and i've been looking at that MS150 ride also. right now i'm doing much shorter rides but I have managed to get up into the low 20 miles range after only 5 weeks of having the road bike. My only problem is the "fee". they require a min amount of $250 I think it was and I'm not the type of person that likes asking people for $.

as for someone that mentioned climbing...this goes from miami area into the keys. the only climbing we'd be doing is the draw bridge just before Key Largo and maybe an overpass here and there. haha.
I was like you, my first year I was lucky enough to have one person donate enough for me to ride. Last year I collected $1,200. This past year I got my boyfriend to ride with me (his first time) and he didn't want to ask anyone either, but I said just put something up at work- and he was surprised to find out how many people's lives were affected at work by MS and they were happy to donate. I found the same thing, people are willing to help when you tell them what you're going to do. Good luck!