race newbie
Where's the pack?

Bikes: '06 Scott Speedster S 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rha600
unfortunately there are only 4 people in my office. if it comes down to the $ I might just put it in myself. the food, drink, support, hotel and dinner would be more than worth the $250. Plus I get to beat up on my legs too.
I had that same number last year in my office. Do you hang out anywhere? Anywhere you know people is a good place to talk up what you're doing. I used to bartend and they still all sponsor me when I go in to visit. Of course last year they made it contingent on me eating a "Cannibal sandwich" which to me is repulsive, but it made me $200 for the cause and I figured a day with MS was worse than stomaching one 2x2 square of raw high quality ground beef. When people ask what you're up to say "Oh, I'm training for the MS150" which leads to "what's that?" and then "my mom (sister, aunt,cousin) has MS, I'll sponsor you". The MS website has a lot of ideas for generating $$'s as well. I made it into a competition with one of my teammates, he beat me by $10, argh! Best of luck!