Dr.Deltron

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by duane041
Contest over. That thing is scaring me.

Oh good, it's working!

Originally Posted by duane041
How's it ride, y'know, missing a tire and all?.....
With a tire... GREAT!
Without a tire...not so much.

I have off-roaded that bike many, many times. I even held the local record for highest air on the "Saddle Mountain Sunday" ride. Over 3' of air, on what is essentially a road bike! At least from the neck down.
It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it!

"Steel is Real" is this bike. 531 is great stuff. I replaced all the "clamp-on" dohickies with braze-ons for a cleaner look. When it eventually gets new paint, I'll have the stamped drop-outs replaced.

Only problem I've had with this bike, it's a wheel eater! I have relaced those hubs 3 times since I've owned it. The previous owner did it that many times as well. And that's why it has no rear tire now. I have to find a single MA40 yellow/green lable in 27". Then I can relace the rear wheel and make it ridable again.

And then, along came the Merlin....
POOF went the money! . . magic!

I also can't really sell the Clive, as it was left to me by a neighbor I grew up across the street from. He was about 12 years older than I am, and he succumbed to the effects of diabetes at age 36. He left the bike to a younger brother with instructions that if it ever got sold, it had to be offered to me first. (I was the "bike crazy" kid in the 'hood) So it joined my stables nearly 20 years ago. And I have to offer it back to the family if I ever decide to sell it.