Thread: Yessss!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-07, 05:21 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Yessss!!!!!!

[from a thread about a week ago]

Originally Posted by banerjek
I've been commuting 36 miles/day RT for a number of years, but I'm starting a new job at the end of April that's 60 miles away. While cycling once in awhile will certainly be feasible, it won't be practical on a daily basis so I'm basically swapping a great bike ride for a horrible car ride.
This story has had a very happy twist -- I just learned a minute ago that arrangements are being made for me to do much of my work 25 miles from home.

I have not yet learned exactly how many days I'll be there. At this point I expect I'll have to drive to the main base 60 miles away to deal with some administrative details at the very beginning, but within a couple weeks I'll probably telecommute a couple days while working 3 (or maybe 2 if I'm unlucky) at the facility 25 miles away.

In other words, I'll have one of the better commutes out there. Chances of being able to complete the Everest Challenge (my biking goal for the year) are good. I even have someone to ride with. Doesn't get much better than this. If only I could control the wind......