Old 02-03-04, 12:36 PM
RegularGuy
I am a lonely visitor

Bikes: Michelle Pfieffer, the Carbon Fiber Wonder Bike: A Kestrel 200 SCI Repainted in glorious mango; Old Paintless, A Litespeed Obed; The Bike With No Name: A Bianchi Eros; RegularBike: A Parkpre Comp Ltd rebuilt as a singlespeed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
OK. I'm going to go out on a limb here. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone can correct me. The front derailleurs in question are from Shimano's 105 component group.
the 5505 is designed to work with a triple chainring; the 5501 with a double. The two derailleurs are different in shape, appearance and function. Bending the 5501 to work with a triple chainring may be effective, but it is far from ideal. Bending metal weakens it. If I read you correctly, you have already lost some functionality in that you can no longer adjust the derailleur using a cable adjuster. I don't think that a bent 5501 is an acceptable replacement for a fully functioning 5505. The opinion of the court may differ, of course. I also question whether bending the derailleur to work as a triple complies with either your original agreement or the court order.

Good luck.