Thread: Stoker comfort
View Single Post
Old 02-03-04, 08:01 PM
cats7418

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks you guys for all your help. I guess my partner and I are in the minority. Both of us have been riding for 12+ years and this is our first tandem.

Rudy, lowering the bar would put my face even lower and closer to captain's rear. I'd like to breathe and see more than black lycra.
The stock stem only allows the bar to be pushed inward which would stretch me out and lower me also (which would be good). It's at the lowest position on the cap's seatpost. I could have the stem cut shorter to move inward further, but there's already no room between us.

We did have the bike fitted. In fact we went in to the LBS before ordering and had them recommend this frame size. We also filled out Co-Mo's fit form and this is the size THEY recommended. The captain's top tube is slightly too long. He had a shorter stem put on and has the seat pushed forward as far as it will go (for his comfort).
Oh-my-gosh, I just looked at "livingood's" photos. My nose is directly above the edge of the captain's butt. I'm jealous.
By the way, this is a S&S coupled bike (if that matters).
Sounds like we need to talk to the folks at Co-motion for their thoughts and maybe the LBS also.
Kathy