Old 03-04-07, 03:11 PM
wroomwroomoops
Sir Fallalot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by diff_lock2
@ OP, indeed a very nice SS, i would get new levers though.

Actually, i do have a 26" rigid mtb. that i really want to turn in to a single speed cruiser. I asked for a new hub and i got that, but then the lbs added a cassette that i DON'T WANT, and he made me pay. I didn't have the money at the time, so i told him i will pay him later, and then when im ready to pay, his store is closed and he wont reply to my emails... And just before he closed i got a 4 speed shifter from him for my nexus hub, by the means of a friend.

Back to my SS, well i should figure out how to get the cassette off (if its the "screw type") and then a bmx cog from a local hard core mtb $tore ($ cause its costs!) i think i might be on my way. I really want to repaint the frame too... hope its in good condition, i kind of forgot about it... also it weighs a ton, which is not cool.

Yo this right here is pure inspiration, thanks!

PS im in turku... good luck though!

To find out whether yours is a screw-on cassette-type-of-hub (freewheel and cassette are built together), or a splined freehub (the freewheeling mechanism is in the hub), you can check out
http://sheldonbrown.com/k7.html
or just post a closeup of your hub/cassette.

P.S. I think Turku people are friendly, and have an overall very positive opinion on them. I don't understand why Helsinki people think they're so superior I now expect a reaction, LOL!