Old 03-05-07, 10:26 PM
jschen
riding once again

Bikes: '06 Cervelo R3, '05 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Baldy Rd from intersection with Mills Rd to the end of the road at the ski lift:

Jason's pathetic personal best split times:
65 min to Glendora Ridge Rd (SLOW!)
18 min to Icehouse Canyon (83 min total)
33 min to ski lift (116 min total)

Calculated wattage from Glendora Ridge Rd to the ski lift: 180 watts (2.83 W/kg) conservatively assuming 10% of power going to parasitic forces (wind resistance, rolling resistance, drivetrain inefficiency, etc) and 90% going to fighting gravity. I really need to try again once I get myself back in form. I think I should be able to pull off a 105 minute climb.

More respectable times
90 minutes: my long-term goal[*]
80 minutes: OC Roadie's long-term goal
80 minutes: terrymorse's approximate time on his attempt
79 minutes: adxm's time on his attempt
70 minutes: what redal and 26mi235 estimate some of the faster people in the Baldy TT (different route) could do on this route

[*]I used to tell myself that once I climbed Baldy in 90 minutes, I would splurge on a climbing bike, cost no object. Only problem is, I already bought myself a dream bike, taking advantage of the occasion of the first anniversary of my first roadie ride. Gotta reward myself for no longer being a couch potato, you know? Now I tell myself no more bikes until I hit that target. Then I can get an even nicer dream bike. Except maybe if I do Everest Challenge and actually complete the ride, I might go ahead and buy another nice toy to commemorate the occasion even if I still haven't reached my Baldy goal.