ratebeer
Not obese just overweight

Bikes: Trek 7500fx, Cervelo Soloist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
> is there a link to the thread?

WaterRockets has talked a few times in different posts about how highest intensity sprints (a bit painful, out of the saddle, everything you got) done a few times during your rides will make you stronger quicker. I usually spare myself real pain but try to take it up to 10 (not 11) and least a couple of times on all rides except for once a week full recovery rides.

Tabata HIT (high intensity training) Intervals are my 4 minutes of work, my six-minute workout. They're based on research from Tabata, et al demonstrating that formerly unheard of improvements in VO2max can result from very high intensity interval training in cyclists coming off a mileage base. It's done on the trainer facing a clock with 20 seconds of sprinting, then 10s of "rest" done 12 times. I usually warm down for 10-15 minutes afterward and then sit still for 10 trying to come off my O2 overdose so 40 minutes is a more realistic time expense for this workout. Still very time-cost effective!

It's not too painful but half the time I do dread the workout and when it's cold outside and/or I'm feeling not too strong I will whine and complain to myself before strapping myself to the wheel of pain (the trainer) -- In other words, normal cycling training stuff.

Veho difficilis, ago facilis