View Single Post
Old 03-06-07, 04:05 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by will dehne
I used the web sit from Beverly above to calculate my BMI and Body Fat. It is a BMI of 26.7. That makes me obese. My Body fat calculates at 16.6.
I am 6 ft, 196 lbs, 34 waist and my wife complains that I am too skinny. I have very heavy legs.
I exercise 90 minutes every day and much more than that on weekends. A reduction in weight requires a starvation diet which drastically affects my performance level, physically and mentally.
So, I guess I will be obese.
Personally I feel body fat is much more important than the BMI readings. Many people with muscular builds hit the obese mark according to their BMI. I've always paid more attention to my BF%....now if I could just lower mine a little more

I have a BMI of 26.1 so that puts me in the obese category, too. But my BF% is in the good range for my age. I bike, lift weights and run on the treadmill so I think I'm in pretty good shape for a 64 year old Who cares if that BMI says I'm "chunky"

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith