Old 03-09-07, 12:57 PM
kmkurdone

Bikes: Quintana Roo Seduza & Giant OCR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bad idea.....but how bad?

I am riding my bike across the country this summer to raise money for cancer research with a group. (this is not the bad idea) They are based out of Baltimore, MD and I live in Los Angeles, CA. We did a group buy on the bikes we will be riding, and they are all waiting at a bike shop in MD. I have two bikes here in L.A.

Here is the bad idea. I know it would obviously be best to have the bike I will be riding here to train on before I ride 4k miles across the country. That being said, I am POOR (college student) and would have to pay to have it shipped here, fitted, and shipped back. If I leave it there, I would not have to pay any of these costs. I would also only get to ride the bike for about 3 days before we left on our trip across the country.

So what do you guys think? I know it would be better to have it out here, but I really am strapped for cash. Do you think I'd be okay riding on the bike I have here (not the same bike or brand btw), and just hoping on that bike for the trip? Thanks in advance!