View Single Post
Old 03-11-07, 12:20 AM
savage24

Bikes: Performance mountain bike, Giant Cypress LX hybrid, Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewluu
I recently bought what is supposedly a 2006 Giant OCR Touring from my LBS. The bike looks identical to the one on this website:

http://www.dornellas.com/DOrnellasPr...&from=Products

However reading up on the OCR-T on BF and other bike forums, it seems that Giant discontinued the OCR Touring around 2003-2004. I bought my bike in Canada and that website is Canadian, if that matters.

So did my LBS lie to me? Or did Giant sell the OCR Touring in Canada during 2006?
Is this the shop where you purchased the bike? I noticed they are advertising it as a 2006 model. I love the guys statement on the website about how experienced, knowledgable, and successful (on an elite level) that he is. Humble fellow, isn't he?

I remember seeing the OCR-T at my local Giant dealer in '03 or '04. The following year it was not in the catalog and my dealer told me that they were discontinued, but I can't say exactly what year that was. I would recommend contacting Giant directly and asking them - they may have started making them again late last year or something. What really matters is that you are happy with the bike and feel that you got a good deal, regardless of the year it was made....but it would certainly damage my trust in the shop if in fact it was old stock represented as an '06 model.