Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
Well I think it's more because of the constant bashing the 5's get on our local racing website. I really think the 5's fields are so much more concerned about not screwing up that they pay more attention. Once you are out the feeling is now I can be the racer I've always meant to be Last season the upper cats had more crashes than the 5's in RR's and Crits. The 3's were the worst offenders with crashes in nearly every sprint last season. The other factor that contributes to 5's having less finish line crashes is that there were far fewer bunch sprints. There were always the 5-10 strong guys that basically rode away in the last 2k to fight out.

Still I find pretty hypocritical to say that the 5's are a crash fest when there are crashes in every cat.
I agree with this based on my experience moving up thru the ranks (from 4 to 2, no 5 at the time). 3's were the worst. A concentration of agressive riding, strength and lack of experience (or stupidity) that the other Cats missed. By cat 2 the guys who were trying to win in turn 2 of lap 3, or the guys prone to taking idiot lines into the last turn were either weeded out or smarted up.