Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kalliergo
Sure. Do you know anyone who disagrees?
HH, as we will let him once again clarify in his own words soon.

Originally Posted by kalliergo
No, certainly not. There are some environments in which cycling may be a perfectly suitable activity but which don't require my advocacy or in which I have no interest. There are any number of environments I believe to be inappropriate for cycling, and I wouldn't advocate for riding in those. There are some in which I believe cycling should be prohibited and I might support, or even advocate for, such prohibition.
The you don't represent ALL cyclists, many, if not most, of whom prefer many of those facilities that you are so against and 'have no interest' in your POLITICAL efforts to subvert their will. This is NOT the 'vehicular cycling advocacy & safety' forum. So, again, while vc technical aspects are welcome, I think the politcal aspects belong in P&R with the rest of the politics...it would sure make this forum more useful and productive...unless you have some vested interest in vc politics that you feel compelled to promote.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey