View Single Post
Old 02-14-04, 10:07 PM
JimmyMack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just got back on the rollers myself, but I still reme,ber the littel trick from childhood. My checklist is as follows.

I like to set up my rollers in a doorway so that my shoulders can bump door fram if needed. It also helps to use the door fram for mounting.

Set up a fan to blow diretly on you, even in the winter time.

Once you mounted clip in, take a deep breath, and get the legs going. RPM is one of the keys to a steady ride.

While the legs are going and things start to smooth out check the hand grip on the handle bar. White knuckles are not allowed on the rollers, so to avoid this problem I ride with the base of my palm on the bar. Any super loose grip wil work though.

Now with the legs smooth at a good solid 90+ rpm, loose handle bar grip, it's time for the other hand to join and really ride the rollers. When I feel rusty I slide my hand down the dorr frame so the jump to the bar is only a few inches.

Before the jump, I relax my hand spin the legs up a little more and go for it. That split second seems to last forever, but you make it.

Once the other hand joins in the bike swerves a little, so kick the rpms up just a bit and concentrate on relaxing your grips, bending your elbows, relaxing you arms, and pedal smoothly at 90+ rpm from the butt down.

I'm out.

Good Luck.