patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
OK you racing maniacs, why should I get a System Six

I can do some wheeling/dealing and replace that old Ibis with a System Six. As many of you know I'm quite happy with the Six13. But the System Six intrigues me. The Scott Addict is lighter, but I'm loving the feel of the Cdale rear aluminum triangle. I think that's the ticket on these bikes. They feel lively and comfortable. Actually after a year of riding both back to back, I prefer the Six13 to the Ibis.

I would buy the Ultegra (cringe) equipped System Six, sell all the parts and wheels and then sell the Ibis frame/fork and a set of Kysyrium SL wheels I don't need. The whole deal would cost me about $1200-$1400 when it's said and done and I'll have a System Six with full D.A. and Mavic K. ES wheels in addition to a similarly equipped Six13.

Opine on aforementioned gearhead scenario you hopelessly obsessed racer/gear lunatics. Please note never used the word 'weenies' - which required more willpower than yesterday's hill repeats.

By the way, on today's recovery ride I was able to generally keep my HR under 140, I only saw 150 at one point coming up my hill, and then only briefly. I hope that's sufficiently relaxed to allow for recovery (30 miles, never felt lactic burn in my legs either).