View Single Post
Old 02-17-04, 07:04 PM
Thhaze
The Clefty freakin' Boys

Bikes: Tommaso Ti frame w/dura ace, KHS flight 500, Myata 110, Motiv Rockpoint softtail, Motive Cross Creek Hybrid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whitemax
Thanks all! I have been riding in the doorway and it was a big help. I am able to ride with no support after one trial in the door way. One more question; should I be riding on top of the bars, the hoods or in the drops? Thanks again!
Typically I will vary my hands all around the bars. If your front end is stable enough you may be able to hold to the top of the door frame and ride "no-hands" for a while to give your hands/wrists a break. I find that if I stay in a static position for too long my hands start to go numb (I ride about 11-12 miles a day). I will try to stay on top of the bars/hoods unless I'm doing a sprint then I'll drop down. Another very good investment is a sweat guard for your bike. I bought one at a local bike shop for $10.00. They're great for keeping your sweat and/or drips from your water bottle from getting your frame and bars all nasty.

Also, I started out on rollers using clipless pedals. I've only taken a couple headers and put a nice rubber burn on the ol' floor tiles.

You will find in time you can hold a very straight track on the rollers. They really help to quiet down your body movements.

I took my bike on vacation with me (along with the rest of the fam! ) to FL a couple weeks back. One day I rode the white line that separates the shoulder from the road for over a mile without going off it once. That's what rollers can do for ya!