View Single Post
Old 03-17-07, 01:35 PM
Gotte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, no you miss my point. I know that the only way to get real endurace performance is to train. But like I said, I cannot train anymore than I am. I simply haven;t the time.
I also understand that suppliments will not add anything major, and do not expect them to.
What I'm asking for is a recommendation of any suppliments which I should be taking to get the best out of my performance (maybe I should have put it like that in the first place).
I figure that I eat well enough to not need a multivit, but there are other things I've heard can either be best got from suppliments (q10 - I believe you get a lot from meat, but that it's destroyed by heat, so eat as much reindeer as you want, but unless it's raw, nutritionally you could be low in Q10), or can be lacking in our diets uless addressed by certain foods (here I'm thinking of Magnesium - great for energy and readilly available in Brazil nuts, and selinium, which, especially for Europeans can be chronically low in diet becasue of poor farming methods).
An individual who takes suppliments of these, I figure, could be better when riding, than if they are missing form the diet.

Now, I'm only going off what I've read about the examples I've mentioned. What would be ideal is some of you chaps who really know your onions (do you say that in the US?) when it comes to suppliments that can ensure I'm in the best condition for my 250+ mile ride, and will maximise my physical condition.

Does all that make sense?