Old 03-19-07, 06:44 AM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
And yet his methods and training have stood the test of time regardless of constant harping like yours and the construction of bikelanes. LAB still uses his training program. Canada has a national training program. The Hawaii BikeED program for fourth graders is a huge success and is still going strong today. Sad that more communities (and many individuals here) are unwilling to support this success in their schools.

Edit: Hawaii BikeED program was set up by JF. So while I keep hearing of young drivers harassing cyclist all over the US, the young drivers in Hawaii have treated me well, unlike the baby boomers here.
I can atest to this folks. While I do not like JF's tactics & the way he shoves his doctrine down our throats I can say I have yet to ride in a better area, traffic wise then Honolulu.

When I was there last Nov. I rode with CBHI one of the days I was there. We rode through a good portion of the city in traffic of course. It is very congested & busy. Yet I do not recall being cut off, swerved at, flipped off, etc. We never had any problems with traffic, despite the amount or how busy it was.

We were only honked at once & CBHI pointed out it was a tourist in a rental vehicle, probably from the mainland. We did get yelled at once, but it was a good yell. I forgot what CBHI called it, but it is part of Hawaii tradition to do this yell. It was a vehicle full of very pretty females, who also did the hang loose sign if I recall correctly.

The same goes for the other 3 days I rode when I was there. Traffic was quite pleasent to deal with.