View Single Post
Old 02-20-04, 02:18 PM
trailhound
Born to be mild

Bikes: A blue one, a green one, a purple one, a black one, and a red one!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome!

Hey naisme! Welcome to the Old Pueblo. I read somewhere that there are over 500 miles of bike routes / lanes in Tucson. Most of them are in the main part of the city, sort of a good thing / bad thing for me. I live on the east side of town, and work near the airport. Driving the truck to work, my drive is 13 miles. The only two safe routes to bike to work are 17 miles each. Thought I had a few more ways to work, but traffic is scary fast the other ways. Going home is another matter, since I get out of work at 3:30. Lotsa options then!

Oh, and I use lights in the morning, and wouldn't get on the bike without a helmet! I see some of the helmetless ones, and just think to myself "organ donors....".

In the morning (5 am) I wear tights and a windbreaker. Change into shorts and a jersey for the warm ride home. Winters are great here, but 110 degree summer afternoons can be dangerous! Our summer rides find us on the road / trail at sunup, then lounging by the pool in the afternoon (in the shade!).

Were doing a 65 mile ride tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't rain! Wanna join us? Just a few friends riding from Rancho Vistoso to Mammoth.

Karl