Old 03-20-07, 11:54 AM
Jenns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
fireworkz: Urbane Cyclist seems to have a good reputation and their Dahon prices look reasonable. I googled Dukes and saw that they have a Helios '06 for $790. That's a bit more than the one in stock at Urbane Cyclist, who carries one for $750 (although I'm not sure if they're the same year?). I was also wondering if Dahons come with standard fenders. Many of the models I was considering (Vitesse D5, Speed P8 and Helios) seem to be fenderless. And thank you for all the great info!

davewnyc: Thanks for the advice! I hadn't considered the option of looking south of the border, but will definitely keep this in mind when it comes time to make my purchase. Is there a way to differentiate between '06 and '07 models? Not being all too familiar with bikes in general, I probably wouldn't know the difference. =/

Bacciaqalupe: I'd love to get a Brompton, however it's considerably more expensive than a Dahon or Halfway. Do you think it's worth the extra money for what it offers? They seem to start in the low $1000's, which I would be willing to pay if I knew that it was the best option at that pricepoint. As for biking all the way to work, I think it might be somewhat impossible, unless I want to collapse when I actually get to the office (it's just over 21 km/13 miles from my new place to the office)! =D Thanks for your input!